Monday 30 September 2013

Hello and welcome

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog. The committee at Giffnock SC have decided that we have so many great things happening at the club but that we probably don't share it well enough- so I intend to keep everyone up to date on the work I am doing on the Football Development side of things.

Firstly, I am a Scottish FA 'C-Licence' holder and hold a BA in Sports Development from +UniWestScotland and have just completed my studies on the PGDE in Education at +strathclyde uni. I have held the post at Giffnock SC for just over one year and look forward to carrying on again this year.
I am a coach with the 1996 age group (now under-19s) and we went all the way to the final of the +Scottish YouthFA Cup last year where we unfortunatley lost out on the big prize!

Within the club I handle development of football and this has mostly been to do with the club's Saturday morning Soccer Centre so far. The Soccer Centre runs every Saturday morning at the Mearns Castle 3G in +East Renfrewshire from 9-12 and is home to around 300 players. Now that I have finished my studies I will be focussing on helping Bernie grow the girls section at the club.

I will be aiming to update this once a month but perhaps more frequently depending on news at the club.

Thank you for reading and remember to check out our website and follow us on  Facebook and Twitter too.

Cheers,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment